The Scroll 8/8/14: Top Five Christian Articles of the Week



1. We have to see justice as part of discipleship and ultimately…our worship of God.
Over the years, I’ve been given by some the mini-reputation as a leader in the field of justice. At first, I took it as a compliment and  of course, I still do because I care a lot about justice. I know that people mean well. But I care about justice not  just for the sake of justice. I care about justice…because I care much about the Gospel...continue reading
2. Beyond Black & White
Everyone wants to move beyond the black/white conversation. I've heard it more times than I can count. Church leaders, congregation members, training attenders, school administrators all want to know when can we finally stop talking about the history between white and black people in America...continue reading
3. Farewell, StrongBlackWoman
I’ve been a StrongBlackWoman for as long as I can remember.  The day I graduated from what many consider to be the most rigorous high school in America, my dad congratulated me on the various honors I received by saying, “You didn’t graduate from Exeter. You conquered Exeter.” Refusing to be intimidated or bewildered, the little black girl from California had infiltrated the ranks of the New England elite, endured their crushing privilege, navigated their culture, and beat them at their own game..continue reading
4.  On Forgiveness and Abuse 
For Christians whose abuse occurs at the hands of a pastor or in the context of a religious environment, getting out and getting help can be complicated by appeals from the abuser (and his or her supporters) to Christian values like unity, grace, and forgiveness. These values are indeed at the very center of what it means to be Christian, and so it is especially tragic when they are invoked to maintain a culture of abuse or to shame those who speak out about it...continue reading
It is possible to walk down one block in many urban communities and pass multiple churches. With so many urban churches, why are there still so many challenges in our inner cities? Checkout this video-http://youtu.be/oDLzL4Q2zwg



 

 

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment