Obedience in A World Full of Distraction

Being obedient is the easiest thing for someone to say they are willing to do. It is hard to put into action, though. I know this to be true because I am a prime example. I started this post at least a week ago and until today I had only made it as far as the first sentence. I sincerely wanted to do it, however, I always found other things to distract me from completing it. As a Christian I do the same thing when it comes to obeying  the Lord. To be honest we all do. 

Everyday tasks can distract us and become the biggest deterrents to being obedient. I let a lot of things distract me from being obedient to God. The irony of it is I have a constant reminder in the form of a wristband that reads "I AM SECOND." Somehow I have not only disregarded that message, but I have also seemed to place my religion on the back burner in my life. Different aspects of my life have been prioritized to have more importance to me. No I am not out doing anything I am not supposed to as a Christian. I am just not doing the things a follower of Christ should be doing. These things include reading my bible and studying the Word, praying, and trying to make disciples of those in need. These are things we as Christians should do everyday. And yes I do mean everyday, especially as a young Christian with so much energy, wide eyed and full of hope for humanity. It should be our main goal and our main duty to pick up that cross.  We should do what God intended us to do. Instead I let twitter, my family, and work stop me. Sometimes I let the urge to do things my way stop me from doing what 2 John 1:6 says to do to show that we love the Lord.

 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

As a young Christian it is easy to get distracted with things in the world today. We have so much going on in our social media ran worlds. We spend more of our time looking down in our hands than anything else. We can literally do everything we need to from our mobile devices. As a matter of fact this post is being typed from my cell phone. I use my bible app as reference.

Here is a verse that lays it out very simple and plain. It tells us how being obedient is the only thing we as young Christians should focus on to live a pure life. Everything else will fall in order as long as we are truly obedient. 

How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your wordPsalm 119:9 

I love how straight forward this verse is. It has also helped me get back into the word and I hope this post will do the same for you.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment